For young people saving money is a real challenge. After graduating with big student loans, they have to compete in a brutal job market with stagnant pays. “There’s nothing more valuable than that freedom to walk toward your own better future on your own terms,” Stefanie O’Connell, 29, said. “It’s peace of mind that today’s 20-year-olds need and are craving,” in such an unstable job market. Here are some tips from MarketWatch about saving money now so you can fire your boss later.
- Get emotionally connected to your finances
- Figure out exactly how much you need to live the life you want
- Find a way to hold yourself accountable
- Spend as if you’ve already quit your job
- Automate your savings
- Always be looking to make more money
- Regularly check up on your finances