If you’re serious about spending less on groceries like my wife does, Aldi is the place to shop for groceries with rock-bottom prices. Here are some things you might not know about shopping at Aldi.
- It’s one of the world’s biggest retailers, coming out ahead of Target, Publix and Home Depot.
- In an effort to cut cost, you have to bag your own groceries so it’s a good idea to bring in your own reusable shopping bags.
- To use a shopping cart you need a quarter to use. You will get the quarter back once you return the cart.
- Even though Aldi stores carries store brands, which are cheaper than name brands, but more than 90% of the products found at Aldi are private brands. So the quality and taste are comparable with name-brand products.
- Credit cards and checks aren’t accepted, so make sure you bring debit cards or cash.
- All of Aldi’s store-brand products have multiple barcodes on them to make checkout faster.